The Fooyin University Library was first started in 1958 as a reading room in the nursing school. With the development and increasing book collection, a new 4-story building was constructed and opened for use as the new school library in 1991. The new library automation system was started in 1993 that digitalized the daily routine works and the public service to build us a modern campus geared with information tools. Later in 1997, the library and the computer center were combined to be one department that further promotes the library and information services to the new milestone.
The library building was revamped from current 4-story to 7-story to accommodate requirement of the collage reorganization in 2000. Later in 2002 the school was upgraded from『Institute of Fooyin Technology』to『Fooyin University』. The Library was also renamed as the『Fooyin University Wu Tao-You Memorial Library』by the university founder to pay tribute to the memory of Dr. Wu.
|In 2003 the library adopted wireless network service that made internet and database searching more convenient for library users. In 2009 information mainframe acquired ISO27001:2005/ CNS27001:2007 Information Security Management System certification. In 2010 the 1st floor of the library was refurbished to provide a modern and more comfortable service space and a new art and literature exhibition was also joined at the same time. In 2013, we updated the information service to cooperate with the mobile campus project and the Mobile Fooyin APP was made available. At the same time, the library automation system was switched to ToREAD to start a new era of mobile service. In 2015, we redecorated the 2nd floor of the library that create a bright, comfortable, fresh and energetic reading environment by space resource activating and reading seats increasing.